The CaptigenTM CaptiSwab is a cross-platform precision microbial sampling device designed for optimized culture yield, RT-PCR yield, and next-generation sequencing (NGS). The CaptiSwab is intended to improve the absorption and release of the specimen, while ensuring ease-of-use in a sterile field.
- Validated for SARS-CoV-2 recovery via RT-PCR
- Validated for 36-hour dry specimen hold at room temperature
- Improved limit of detection using Captiswab (1 viral copy/μL) versus conventional NP and OP swabs (32 copies/μL and 10 copies/μL, respectively) using EUA approved TaqPath COVID-19 Combo Kit Click Here
- Gamma irradiated and individually peel packed
- Easy-to-use ejector tip minimizes cross contamination
- Reduced patient-reported pain scores in parallel clinical sampling studies (Captiswab vs. NP swab)
- Tested per Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) M40-A2 standard for culture